Experiential Learning in Sustainability
In addition to selective coursework, students pursuing the Sustainability Certificate should complete 60 hours of hands-on experiential learning outside of the classroom.
Your Experience should:
- Be completed with one organization or department.
- Multiple tasks or projects are permitted, but it must be with one site.
- Include some kind of applied learning component.
- Such as results in or contributes to a report, project, research, result, etc. Simply showing up for a group volunteer activity is not sufficient for experiential learning.
- Be approved by the Certificate Coordinator before you begin your hours.
- Complete the proposal form found within the Sustainability Certificate at myKU>Academics>Undergraduate Certificates
- Coincide with the completion and submission of all online experience forms.
- All forms can be found and submitted within the Sustainability Certificate at myKU>Academics>Undergraduate Certificates
- Retroactive experiences are subject to approval.
- Experiences may be retroactively applied, if completed within the last academic year. They are still subject to approval and all required forms will still have to be completed.
If you have questions about whether a learning experience will be a good fit for the certificate, or if you need help getting started, contact the Certificate Coordinator. All experiences will be subject to the approval of the certificate program.